Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 18, 2023

Our earliest wake up morning yet for our hike to Cascade Pass.  This was the perfect way to end our Washington trip.  The mountains at the trailhead greet you in full display.  Then you hike so many switchbacks (like so many) until you get even closer to the mountains.  Then it's over to the pass to see more mountains.  Darren hiked up the Sahale Arm while I hung out at the pass.  While hanging out I watched a herd of goats come closer and closer until they came to the pass where I was hanging out.  They grazed and walked around so close to me for about 20 minutes.  It was such an amazing experience.  At one point they were within about 25 feet of me.  So cool!  It was just me and a random old birder man.  After the goats moved on up the hill other people came and I chatted with a few of them until Darren came back. Amazing ending to an amazing trip.

We drove to Arlington for one last night where Darren grabbed us some seafood from Ivar's.  




No comments:

Post a Comment