Saturday, July 15, 2023

July 15, 2023

Another early hiking morning.  Today we went to Colchuk Lake.  It was long and very up, but the destination was gorgeous!  We got to the lake around 8:30, found us an awesome spot, and proceeded to be awed.  We were very happy we got there when we did because we were treated to some amazing light and reflections that went away as soon as the sun came over the mountain about 30 minutes later.  Hanging out at our spot for 90 minutes or so was fabulous.  We had breakfast, took some pictures, relaxed, and enjoyed another beautiful Washington spot.  

As we headed down we could not believe the amount of people coming up the trail.  I thought I knew what a busy trail was, but this was beyond anything I had every seen.  Hundreds of people hiking up.  We had to step aside constantly to let people go up.  Definitely not enjoyable.  We decided to head over to Stuart Lake to hopefully get away from the crowds.  We lost the crowds but we found the mosquitoes.  While I regretted the decision to add on Stuart Lake every 5 minutes hiking down, I'm didn't regret it at the end of the trip as those extra miles put me over 50 for the week.  But that hike down felt never ending.  It was rough.  I did feel better about things after a hamburger and fries at Gustov's in Leavenworth.  




No comments:

Post a Comment