Monday, July 17, 2023

July 17, 2023

Today we drove Highway 20 from Winthrop to Concrete. First stop was Blue Lake.  I thought for a minute of maybe skipping this hike but I'm so glad I didn't.  It was an overcast day and a good little hike to a beautiful lake with goats.  A mama and 2 baby goats hung out at the lake the entire time we were there.  They were so fun to watch! And they were definitely people tame. 

Out next stop was near a campground by Diablo Lake.  We needed some lunch so we found a picnic table until a tree since it was sprinkling a little.  Our food supply was dwindling but we still had some chips and salsa. Then on to the Visitor Center where I bought a sticker and some postcards.  

We had dinner at Birdsong Cafe where I got a blackberry burger (yummy) and Darren got a mac and cheese burger (he also said yummy).  There were not many food options near the little town of Concrete but this ended up being delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment