Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13, 2023

Mount Rainier!  We visited the Paradise area and it was amazing!  This place blew me away.  Pictures do not do the mountain justice - the texture and the size and the beauty were more than I imagined.  It was so cool! We hiked the Skyline Trail and it quickly moved to one of my top hikes ever.  The views!  They were everywhere! And we got up early enough to have the trail to ourselves for about 40 minutes.  We saw Myrtle Falls on the way and learned what a grouse looks and sounds like.  We also saw a few goats.  My favorite though were the marmots that I watched for quite awhile playing and chasing. We did a few other things around this part of the park but I wished we could have explored even more.  I loved every minute on the trail and up by the Visitor's Center. Plus we got this picture that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment