Monday, September 2, 2019

September 2, 2019

From Mason's email:

Hey yall! Week 1 in Searcy is done and boy was it a success! We saw so many miracles this week and Elder Hunter and I are trying to make this transfer the best one Searcy has ever seen. And we're on the right track. Let me just get into the week and you'll see what I mean.

So I wanna tell yall about Carol. She has been taught for a couple weeks, but was pretty against the church and the Book of Mormon. So I get here and we go by and she received an answer to her prayers that the Book of Mormon is true. We taught her about what that means and how that means the church really is led by Jesus Christ. We invited her to be baptized and she said no. She said she had already been baptized and that she didn't want to be "Mormon." We tried resolving it, but she just couldn't grasp the fact that we're the only people with the priesthood. So we told her to pray about if baptism is for her and she said she would. We went back a couple days later and she just said "God wants me to go forward with this, I feel like I need to be baptized." So we talked to her about it and set a date with her for September 14th! God really does answer prayers!

We ended up having a similar situation with another lady named LaTasha as well who received an answer she needs to be baptized, so if all goes as planned, we'll have 2 baptisms on the 14th! So we're praying that'll happen!
 
(With Elder Horman in Olive Branch)

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment