Monday, September 16, 2019

September 16, 2019

From Mason's email:

Hey yall! It's been a great week! There's not a whole lot to talk about because this week we focused on baptisms for the whole week.

So Carol's mom lives across the street from her and is very very very against the church. Like one week we went with a member to pick them up for church and she was yelling at us and was really angry so we had that to deal with.

But at the end of the day they were both baptized and confirmed and they loved it! The work is doing really well here in Searcy and we're glad we could end with a bang. I think it's crazy I only have a few weeks left, but I have loved being a missionary! 

In my studies this week I read a scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9 which is my new favorite scripture. It says, 

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

I think that's so true. We can't even comprehend the things that God will give us, if we will just love him and follow him. I think of our potential and all the things he's offered us if we just follow him. It makes it sound a little easier to do with that perspective.

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the opportunity I have to share it with others.

(Elder Hunter and Mason)

(Mason warned us that it was an awkward baptism photo.  He was correct.  :))


No comments:

Post a Comment