Thursday, June 15, 2023

June 15, 2023

Memorable hike today. We attempted silver lake from Tibble fork. We got within 1/2 mile of the lake (6 miles from the trailhead) before snow and thunder turned us around. We even made it past the river crossing. But we had some amazing views when it stopped raining enough for us to see. We were drenched! Even with our rain gear we were wet. There were so many worms. Like so many. It was kind of icky, especially when someone stepped on one and you come behind and see it wriggling. There was plenty of mud. And did I mention we were so wet? Lorien and Deb slid down a bit of the muddy trail but somehow I remained on my feet. We hiked 12 miles. The clouds hugging the mountains were cool and the green was amazing! While we were wet, a bit cold and slap happy from the many miles, the mountains were as pretty as I’ve ever seen them. After the long hot shower I am still tired but warm again so all is well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment