Tuesday, July 23, 2024

July 23, 2024





Woke up at 12:30am, and got ready for a hike toward Whitney. As I got to the parking lot in the dark by myself around 1:00am I thought - why am I doing this? I don’t really want to summit Whitney. But I did want to go for a hike so I started hiking in the dark since I was awake and made it to Trail Camp. (Thankful to have hike most of it with 2 people from Georgia.) I thought, “That felt like such a great hike”. (6.5 miles and 3500 feet up.) So I watched the amazing orangest sunrise ever (while quite cold and hanging out with the mice), waited for Darren and group to make it to Trail Camp, and then sent them on their way to the top.  I found my way over to Lake Consultation and hung at the lake for awhile. It was fantastic. The quiet and peaceful lake was so calming. I loved it. Absolutely zero people at the lake. And then I spent a little time with God in the scriptures and thinking which of course brought some tears because man I miss my mom and dad and how loved they made me feel. I felt a little hug from them. Just a little one but it was enough. Now I need to remind myself that it’s ok that I chose not to do something to do something else even if it makes me look wimpy. Also - took a nap on a rock. Which is oddly my favorite place to take a nap with my backpack as a pillow. 

Before hiking down I found the cutest little baby marmot! I was watching him eat and a hummingbird came inches away from me. So cool!

Hiking back I saw the stuff I hiked through this morning. It was such cool scenery. Amazing! Like jaw dropping beauty. 

Then Darren radioed me from the top. I’m so excited he conquered Whitney. I mean it wasn’t really a question, but it’s still awesome. 

A quick visit to Lone Pine Lake and then back to the campground for an incredible hike. These Sierra Nevada mountains are breathtaking. I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment