Saturday, October 28, 2023

October 28, 2023

Day 2 - I started the day with a good cry at Havasu Falls. I just really miss my dad. (No one is at the falls at 6:30am.) Clayton cooked us up some spam this morning. :) For the day some hiked to Beaver Falls and some hiked to Beaver Falls Overlook (M and me). All hiked the sketchy chains and ladders that I call "straight down with very small footholds hold on to the chains so you don't fall to your death while being sprayed by mist from the falls" part of the trail. That is a real section that gets you from the top of Mooney falls to the bottom. (Mason loved it and I hated it. But he helped me get up and down so phew.) Speaking of Mooney Falls - that waterfall is amazing! Blows all other waterfalls out of the water. 200 feet of drop plus the blue pool was breathtaking. 

Today we played “guess the time” often. We were always way off. We decided that the campground has its own time zone. We also played “show me your best picture from today” but that game didn’t last long when Darren said, “Did you get one with a waterfall?” And he showed us his amazing picture with Mooney falls and a rainbow. Another round of Hearts to end our evening and into the tent by 8:00 because it’s been dark for 2 hours and is getting cold. Colder night but I stayed warm. 


(Mooney Falls through the tunnel)

No comments:

Post a Comment