Sunday, September 4, 2022

September 4, 2022

I've been wanting to backpack to Red Castle and thanks to Darren and unseasonably warm temperatures (translated - not freezing at night) it happened.  3 day 2 night backpack was an awesome success.  Thoughts:

The castle really does look red at sunrise and sunset. The 10 miles in really is 10 long miles. No color for the sunrise or sunset but it was still gorgeous gazing up from my rock. Sunrise was especially cool as the light hit the castle. Blip. :)I like how the lake reflects the red. Pretty cool when the bald eagle circled over us as we went through the meadow. East Red Castle Lake was beautiful! The different colors of the water was cool. Red, yellow, and turquoise. I really liked that lake. My legs are so tired. How did the 80 year old lady we met make it? I want to hike like that when I’m 80. Always take the water filter on the day hike. I knew better. I was so thirsty. The stars! The debate - do I ever want to come back? Soooo many more people on Saturday night than Friday night. Friday was wonderful.  Friday was peace and quiet and Saturday was party town. Lake on Sunday morning was so still and had such a clear reflection. There was also a little steam coming off and geese that flew over and landed. It was a good send off. Darren is the best. A 10 mile hike out - we were done at 8. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment