Saturday, June 13, 2020

June 13, 2020

Got some camping in at Granite Flat, along with some hiking. It’s so nice to escape to the mountains. I had reservations for site 19 on Friday. D Decided to go up a day early set up in site 23 on Thursday. We wished that we could have stayed on site 23 for both nights as it was a great site. 19 isn’t bad, just not as good as 23. Cam and I went up for the evening on Thursday and hung out with Baylie and Darren roasting hotdogs and mallows. It was an awesome couple of hours. D and Baylie enjoyed a solitary night in the trailer. Cam’s quote - “When it comes to camping I’m ‘meh’, you like it, and dad loves it.”  Pretty accurate.
Friday morning I went back up and the three of us hiked to Silver Glance. This hike is my nemesis - I love it and it’s so pretty but it is so hard for me every time I hike it. But I made it and was rewarded with the most amazing views. Silver Glance still had snow. Granite rock plus snow plus pine trees plus a small blue lake is such a gorgeous combination. 
After hiking I headed back to Lehi to get Mason and Cam and some Costa Vida for dinner. Another great evening at camp playing worker/boss/bum where D was the boss the entire time. Good times. We struggled to get a fire going with damp wood but made it happen and roasted some mallows. 
M and C headed home with Baylie and D and I enjoyed a peaceful night in the trailer. 
Saturday morning we packed up headed out but stopped for a hike first. Tibble Meadow was so pretty! It doesn’t matter how many times I go there, I always want to take lots of pictures. Darren pointed out that we could see where we hiked yesterday. Pretty cool. 











No comments:

Post a Comment