Saturday, August 3, 2024

August 3, 2024

Nothing says 30 years of marriage like a 20 mile hike in the Tetons! And an amazing hike it was. I finally got to hike Paintbrush Canyon/Cascade Canyon Loop. It was worth the wait and was everything I had hoped and more. We saw elk, deer, pikas, marmots, and a mama and baby moose. Thanks to the random guy who pointed out the moose just relaxing and spread out in the grass behind the trees. I thought this Teton trip might be mooseless but it wasn’t! So many favorite parts of the hike. Upper Paintbrush Canyon was gorgeous and my kind of scenery. Then the divide was amazing and more expansive than I thought. Then you had the parts where The Grand was large Marge plus flowers. There was also the smell of forest when you were hiking lower. I love that pine smell! 






No comments:

Post a Comment