Thursday, December 14, 2023

December 14, 2023

Almost every year a different part of the Christmas story seems to have more meaning to me. This year there’s a new part I haven’t related to before. Taxation. It’s mentioned in the first few verses of Luke 2:

3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judæa, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

This Christmas it definitely feels like I’m being taxed. Losing both parents in such a short time and with my mom leaving in December, it feels like a big taxation. But God is good. And there are these verses:
 
10 Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

God is good. I’ve had a few strengthening experiences to hopefully get me through the rest of the week. One was this morning at the Richfield cemetery. I ran there this morning and shed some tears but also felt strengthened and ready to do what I need to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment