Friday, April 7, 2023

April 7, 2023

Started out the day at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. A tour was up first. “We’re seeing Wild Friends. Can we see the pigs? We’re seeing Wild Friends. Can we see the dogs? We’re seeing Wild Friends.” Wild Friends tour had owls and ravens and a cool turkey vulture plus blue shoe coverings.  :). We also found some cats at their cat place. Who knew that Darren was a cat whisperer? I didn't before this trip but we all know now.  We also found out a free vegan lunch isn't so bad.  We ate at the lunch place there with alright food and a great view.

Then off to the sand dunes. We found a fun spot before the state park area that we had to ourselves. It was a great hour and I even convinced the girls to come play for a bit. I do like the feel of sand. 

Red Pueblo Museum gave us all the Anasazi information we will ever need. So much info that we then needed another McDonald’s ice cream cone. 

Back to the hotel and a walk to the Kanab visitor center where I got me a postcard. Dinner at Big Al’s Burger. Another good day around K Town.

Happy birthday to my mom.











No comments:

Post a Comment