Saturday, October 1, 2022

October 1, 2022

 One night camping in Devil's Garden Campground was awesome!  Just D and I and the tent.

We drove to Arches Friday and found rain. Rain in arches was pretty cool. We saw a few little waterfalls. Stopped at The Garden of Eden where Darren spotted an arch. I named it Candace Flynn Fletcher arch. The little pools of water were cool and the clouds were awesome! We opted to bring the tent instead of pull the trailer. Hike to delicate. Cool arch. Hiked back and caught a beautiful sunset. Dinner by flashlight and then tent chilling.

Saturday was another fabulous day. The old Kelty tent stayed dry through the night rain. Thunder and lightning were kinda cool from the tent. I spent the morning gazing at the rising sun in the campground. I love this campground. It’s magical. Came upon some deer way close. They were happy to eat and let me watch them. We had some morning rain which made the red rock shine. Storm passed quickly and then we headed into the Fiery Furnace. This place is so cool. Discovery of an arch I named Doorway Arch. Extra wandering in the furnace plus Darren showed me Surprise Arch which I loved. Awesome couple of hours. A crow flew over us between rock walls and we heard the flapping wings. That’s one of my favorite things. Back at camp a Cottontail hopped right past me in our campsite. This was a great overnight in Arches. This place is magical to me. 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment