Monday, September 6, 2021

September 6, 2021

 

Such a great camping trip! Arches is a bit magical to me and thanks to friends with better reservation skills than me, we were able to be in the heart of Arches National Park for a few days and nights. 

The campground was awesome. Not a bad site and if didn’t feel like there were thousands of people in the park even though there was. :). 
The sleeping temperature was just how I like it. Not cold but just a little cool in the middle of the night. 
The stars were shining with the Milky Way right in the middle. 
Deer in the campground, a morning coyote, and a spotted lizard. 
Crickets sang a lullaby. 
Moab was close for a delicious lunch and ice cream (Spoke). 
Good friends joined us. 
Fiery Furnace was an awesome hike once I knew I was through the obstacles. :). But really the rocks and arches and fins and slots were awesome and I just followed Cam who showed me how to get past the tricky parts. (So glad D got us permits for this.)
I loved sitting in the shade of the junipers at our campsite in the morning. 
We had some time to just relax. It was extra relaxing surrounded by red rock beauty. 
I absolutely loved our time at Sand Dune Arch. Bare foot on the sand and drawing in the sand while chatting and laughing. It was a great place to visit during the hot mid day as it was much cooler in the shade under the arch. Surprisingly there were not many people there. And I got to drink my lemonade. :)
We hit the Windows section for some sunset which is always a good choice. 
Also - if you need cell service in the campground, go to the amphitheater. 
One of my top camping trips. Loved being in a cool place with cool people - D, Cam, and Sadie. (Even though the girls fought over sleeping arrangements every night.) And glad the Kings could join us for part of it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment