Tuesday, July 20, 2021

July 20, 2021

Darren scored some permits for backpacking in the Tetons.  I joined him a few days early and then sent the group on their way on Tuesday. 

We stayed in a cute little place in Daniel.  Sunday we visited Upper Green Lakes. It had the most beautiful view of Square Top mountain. We relaxed at the beach part and soaked feet, chatted, and kept gazing at the view.

Monday we visited Grand Teton to pick up the permit and see some sites.  Darren's foot was bugging him so we drove most of the day, stopping at some lookouts.  We did find a parking spot at String Lake so I took a small hike. 

Wildlife for Teton area: Lots of pronghorn including a mama and babies. A marmot on the golf course. Elk posing for all the tourists. A fish that jumped fully vertical out of the water. An osprey gliding. Some common ravens. 

Tuesday I drove Darren to the trailhead to meet up with everyone.  I hiked a bit with them up Paintbrush Canyon.  I got to see a Teton moose!  My favorite.  After about 4 miles I turned around for the long drive back to Lehi.

“It smells good. - it smells like Wyoming.”
“They’re not savages.”
Also - the random restaurant in Daniel that was hooked on to the gas station was really yummy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment