Saturday, March 27, 2021

March 27, 2021

Darren and I had such a great 26 hour getaway. We left Friday early evening and went to Richfield. We grabbed some food at Sandi’s drive inn and then ate and chatted with my parents all evening. Then Saturday morning we went to Capitol Reef. I have been wanting to hike The Frying Pan trail for awhile now and we finally did. It was much harder than I anticipated but also had more amazing views than I had anticipated. We started from near the campground (where D spotted me a marmot) and went through Cohab canyon to hook up with the frying pan trail. I loved this trail despite the elevation gain. It felt like you were on top of Capitol Reef seeing lots of canyons and prominent features. We hiked 7 miles and had a fabulous picnic spot with a sandwich and pickle from Ideal Dairy. Nothing like a good pickle sitting on top of Capitol Reef. :) (Our only disappointment was no pie at the Gifford house but we solved that by grabbing some in Bicknell at the Sunglow Cafe.) On our drive home we took a slight detour through Ephraim. We met Mason and Rachael at Roy’s Pizza and had fun chatting with them and eating pizza. 





No comments:

Post a Comment