Wednesday, December 23, 2020

December 23, 2020

Long drive in a day trip to Arches with D where we did two hikes that made it totally worth the drive. Two lesser known hikes were awesome! I told D, I find the arches online and he finds them in real life. Good teamwork. :).

Ring Arch you park at the cottonwood wash pullout. It was less than two miles to the arch and incredible 360 degree views! Like views for days. It was such a cool spot with no other people the entire hike. This was added as one of my happy spots. (The clouds were so cool on this hike.) I could have spent more time here but since daylight is limited in December, we left to check out Christmas Tree Arch in the Windows section. What a fabulous hike to do in December. It was a bit short but fun to find. And it did look like a Christmas tree. Sent the kids a picture and Rylie was not impressed. But I reminded her it was made from wind - out of rock.  (I would also be OK if it was called Snowflake, Ornament, or Grinch Head.)

Then we drove home via I-70 through Salina  and home, to avoid slick roads. Another gas station pizza for dinner.






No comments:

Post a Comment