Saturday, July 18, 2020

July 18, 2020

Cool night! D, Ry, and I came up to the Uintas to see the NEOWISE comet. We quickly set up the trailer (Sulphur campground site 13). Then we hiked Bald Mountain at sunset and for the comet.

The night sky here was so amazing! You had a cool sunset and we were watching it from on top of the world (over 11,000 feet). Then the comet comes visible which was way cool (even though it was blurry). Then there were so many stars sparkling plus you could see the Milky Way. Sigh. It was all so beautiful and awe inspiring. 
Quotes - “I was hauling bootie up so I could see the sunset.”  - Rylie. (Hailing bootie. Ha ha.)
“I wish I had my trail buddy.“ (His hiking pole.) - Darren. “I’m right here.” - Rylie :)

Checked off hiking Bald Mountain, seeing a comet, and doing a night hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment