Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3, 2018

President Monson passed away last night.  I will miss him.  I learned much during his time as prophet.  My testimony of prophets increased, as did my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  Also, I will forever be thankful for the revelation that was received when he was prophet for the missionary age change that is currently blessing our family. I also learned that a lot of stories have gospel principles that we can learn from and apply.

I listened to one of President Monson's BYU Speeches (from 2009 - not too long after he was sustained as prophet titled Principles from Prophets) and it was just what I needed.  He gave a summary of all the prophets he has served with.  As he spoke of them I could see the influence they had on his life as he seems to have developed a gift from each prophet.  He concluded with, "As the sixteenth President of the Church, my story is yet to be summarized by those who will follow.  In the meantime, I pledge my life, my strength - all that I have to offer - in serving the Lord and in directing the affairs of His Church in accordance with His will and by His inspiration."  How thankful I am for his service.

No comments:

Post a Comment