Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 9, 2017

Our Spring Break trip to California was fabulous! 

I learned that if you want to hike the Red Rocks Reserve waterfall hike in Leeds, go on a rainy day (only 1 other car in the parking lot and was a perfect way to get out and stretch legs). I learned that you only need 1 day in Joshua Tree but we made it work.  I learned that Chuckwalla lizards are huge.  I learned that some hikes look way better in pictures than the actual scenery you see.  I learned that Joshua Tree has lots of rocks to climb on and no "stay on trail" signs - it was fun to be able to totally explore wherever you wanted.  I learned that sometimes there's nothing like a beach.  I learned that we only need about 3 hours at a beach.  I learned that Del Mar beach is cool and has fun rocks to stack.  I learned that the sea lions are still at La Jolla.  I learned that even if your hotel is 1/2 mile from Mexico, it still feels like the USA.  I learned that sometimes finding a Wendy's to eat at is harder than you think.  I learned that our family still loves Sea World.  I learned that Biff is still funny.  I learned that the crowds weren't too bad at Sea World over Spring Break.  I learned that if you get wet in the morning at Sea World you will be wet all day.  I learned that 69 degrees in San Diego is amazing weather.  I learned that nothing tastes better than a burger from Red Robin after eating snacks all day at Sea World.  I learned that it's a great idea to hit a beach before leaving California.  I learned that 11 hours driving is a lot - even when you split it up (or maybe especially when you split it up). I learned that a pop in to Richfield is good even when it's only 45 minutes long.  I learned that there are a million people on I-15 on the Sunday after Spring Break.  I learned that sand will make the 11 hour trip home with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment