Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 5, 2017

Heard this little story about Sister Hinckley and I just love it.  "Twenty-five year old Marjorie Pay was anticipating her wedding day when the telephone rang.  "I think we had better go to lunch today," her fiance, Gordon B Hinckley, said.  He did not tell her on the phone that he had cold feet and was trying ot find a way out of the engagement.  While ordering lunch Gordon warned his bride-to-be, "I think you should know that I only have $150 to my name." Majorie's response was not what Gordon had expected:  "Oh, that will work out just fine; if you've got $150, we're set."  Reflecting on her thoughts that day, Marjorie said, "Well, $150 sounded like a small fortune to me.  I had hoped for a husband and now I was getting $150 too!"
From Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment