Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26, 2016

Extra thankful today for the opportunities to get out and enjoy nature.  I read 1 Nephi 17:36 before my hike and then read a great Ensign article after my hike ("Earth: A Gift from God" - February 2013).  Both of these reading reminded me of the blessing it is to be able to enjoy the earth and the beautiful places. Tom Reese, "Every tree, every mountain, every bird in the air testifies of our Heavenly Father's power.  By appreciating nature and treating the earth with respect, we show the Lord our gratitude for everything he has given us."  Also read a couple articles on keeping a hiking journal.  I've sort of been doing that by can step it up and record in more detail the parts I enjoyed and the things I saw and appreciated.

 (Pack of flying fish...)

No comments:

Post a Comment