Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

Yesterday I read a talk - In This Life I Shall Have Joy - by Elaine S Marshall.  It was a BYU Speech from April 2004.  She talked about having a gratitude journal.  It seemed quite similar to President Eyring's recording of tender mercies.  I'm going to try it for a minute.  Each day I will write 3 things I am thankful for.  Fun, I know.  Yesterday's were:
1.  Sandee cooked dinner and it was delish.
2.  Sat by Kenzie in YW.
3.  D said he loves me.

A quote from her talk I really liked, "to live joyfully you must be brave. True joy is not for the fainthearted. You must decide to be happy. Joy is an act of courage. Joy will not abide until you make a conscious decision to treasure it."

Today's thankful moments:
1.  Sun lighting the tops of the mountains this morning and then reading 1 Nephi 11:6 - ...Hasanna to The Lord, the most high God; for he is over all the earth, yea, even above all.  And blessed art though, Nephi, because thou believest in the Son of the most high God.
2.  Rylie reading on her bed.
3.  A successful FHE.


No comments:

Post a Comment